Chris McDonough on Sun, 10 Oct 1999 21:14:03 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] Thanks & Swap Partiton

I think you may be well-served by the command:

"swapon -a"

which makes all partitions marked as "swap" active.

- C

-----Original Message-----
From: ejn88@voicenet.com
To: PLUG
Sent: 10/10/99 4:56 PM
Subject: [Plug] Thanks & Swap Partiton

Hello PLUGers:

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed the meeting very much and I
am looking forward to the next one.  The food was an added
surprise, many thanks to our gracious hosts.  I would be more
than willing to contribute money for food or even bring some
food for the next meeting.

Now for the Linux stuff!

I recently learned to use the "free" command to see how much
memory is being used and how much is still available for use.
I noticed that my swap partition is listed here and that the
colums of numbers are all 0's. I found that this means my 40
Mgb swap partition which I made when I installed RHL 6.0
is infact not on.

My question is how do I turn on- or make available- my swap
partition?

Thanks,

Ed