Charles Stack on Sun, 10 Oct 1999 21:44:40 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Upgraded GNOME - Old account stopped working

Today I upgraded GNOME and enlightenment (Red Hat 6.0).  My Root and most
old accounts work just fine.  But, one account simply stopped working when I
tried to start an X session.  I tried deleting the account and recreating
it.  No dice.  New accounts work fine.  Just this one account won't run
under an X session.

Basically, what I see is the "starting Enlightenment" progress bars and then
the screen goes blank.  If I try logging in locally, I am then given a new
login screen.  If remote, the screen stays blank.

Any ideas on what happened?  How can I purge the account and recreate a new
one that will work?

Thanks,

Charles