Mental on Mon, 11 Oct 1999 10:30:19 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] Upgraded GNOME - Old account stopped working

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, Charles Stack wrote:

> Thought so.  It didn't exactly fix the problem, but I did manage to get it
> fixed using your suggestion as a starting point.  Here's what I found...
>
> a) Ownership of files in .enlightenment and .gnome were not the user.  A
> group number was assigned as owner rather than the user name.

Ok. Never would have thought that. What'd you do? Change the uid in /etc/passwd
and not change permissions? Thats really weird. But definitely explains the
wacktedness.

> Upon doing the above, the account now functions properly.  FWIW, I had
> upgraded to enlightenment rev. 15.  I understand rev 16 is now out.

Yeah. DR.16 just came out. Dude... it blows .15 away. I'll probably build
rpm's for RH6 later if I can get the source today. The servers have all
been /.'d.

> One last question...where does one get the latest ident rpm?  I couldn't
> find it anywhere.

Your install media? Or redhat's ftp site. Or build an rpm. Whats wrong with
the one you're using?