Nick R on Sat, 16 Oct 1999 10:21:26 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Ethernet Cards

This card had nowhere on it (not on docs, box, or card) any kind of manufacturer ID. I didn't let that phase me though, & looked up the chip it used & found a driver. The driver was in source code form & didn't look so polished. I tried it though, but since I can't get a signal through to the Win95 box on the other end and the cable tested out, getting a new NIC seems the next logical step. There was that one unexplained phenomenon where the light on my hub where the Win95 box was plugged in lit up when I tried to ping the Linux box from it, but the light where the Linux box was plugged in lit up not & only seemed to work when I pinged the global address. Go fig.

       -Laktar, a.k.a. Nick Rosen, laktar.dyndns.org

If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord:
82. I will not shoot at any of my enemies if they are standing in front of the
crucial support beam to a heavy, dangerous, unbalanced structure.
-- Peter's Evil Overlord List, http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

From: "Aarune J. Oracle" <linux@fsckit.com>
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject: Re: [Plug] Ethernet Cards
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 07:06:24 -0700 (MST)

So far I have not found a Nic card that didnt work under linux, I have
used cards that didnt even have any type of a name on it except ne2000.  I
figure as long as it is ne2000 compatible it will work.

--
-Rune

Time is Irrelevant to the worlds beyond this godforsaken place unto which
it destroys all.
		-Aarune J. Oracle

"In the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same" -Slayer.