valiant on Sun, 17 Oct 1999 12:16:55 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Question on ADSL

Hi all.  I have a question on ADSL.  I spent a good month shopping
around to different ISP's on DSL service.  Then someone suggested I call
Bell Atlantic and get ADSL service put in.  I call Bell and it was 49.95
a month for the monthly service (Cheapest I found for DSL was 130/month
35 router rental a month).  They clearly stated that they do not offer
any support for the Linux apache web server which I'm running (they'll
wake up soon).  I have to get my own modem and if I want to use a router
I have to set it up myself.  Here's the question.  Has anyone used Bell
Atlantic's ADSL service to run their web servers.  If so, were there any
problems you ran into or concerns you have?  What makes me want to go
with them is that, they offer a 30 money back guarantee AND there isn't
any contracts to sign AND I can be connected in 5 to 12 days (For DSL
I'm told 60-90 days).  Thanks in Advance any help would be most
appreciated
Jonathan D. Jewell
valiant@voicenet.com
P.S.  Stay away from voicenet sales and support, I think they are all a
bunch of apes and monkeys that escaped from the Phila. ZOO