Mental on Sun, 24 Oct 1999 21:55:37 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] magic SysRq key is cool

I've tried it. I couldnt get it to work. X takes over your keyboard
and intercepts the key presses before the kernel gets it. However, if X
dies and your keyboard is stuck in raw mode, or if a game crashes
and you're stuck in raw mode, then the sysreq keys work fine. If someone
HAS made this work IN X, I'd love to know how. I had no luck while X was
running (meaning almost the entire time my box is up).

Mental
--
When I cried out loud
tearful but still proud