Mental on Thu, 4 Nov 1999 14:04:15 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] Red Hat is Coming!

Why not just check the body of each message and save the CRC value into
a database. That way when you get a new message, the list just looks
up the CRC in the "already recieved" table and sees if it exists. Then,
if it does it discards the mail. If it doesnt, it'll add the entry to
the database. Setting it up in mysql wouldnt be too hard. Just make sure
you do backups on a regular basis......

So... who wants to throw some code together real quick? I'd do it right
now but I'm busy scanning pix of my grrly, and she's way more funner
to look at than perl.

Main Entry: sar·casm
Pronunciation: 'sär-"ka-z&m
Function: noun
Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin
sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite
the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to
Avestan thwar&s- to cut
Date: 1550
1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or
give pain <tired of continual sarcasms>
2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter,
caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an
individual b : the use or language of sarcasm <this is no time to
indulge in sarcasm>
synonym see WIT

Mental
--