Morgan Wajda-Levie on Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:14:18 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] segfaults with mikmod and mp3blaster

Actually, I solved the problem a little while ago.  The 10G drive used
to be running RH, and I hadn't bothered to wipe the /usr directory
because there were some things I wanted from it and I didn't trust
myself not to accidentally erase them.

Apparently, RedHat puts ncurses in /usr/lib, while Debian keeps it in
/lib.  Since /usr comes first on the path, the programs were being
linked to an older ncurses.