Aarune J. Oracle on Sat, 20 Nov 1999 20:15:06 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] XFree locks up local console

I personally have had alot of problems with Xscreensaver usually when
require password was set.  if you are running RH60 you may have KDE
installed, if by any chance you do leave your computer and KDE is running
the screensaver in that will not give any problems (at least from what I
have run into).  But if you want to kill X, I would just do a ps aux and
look for X and kill -9 it, it usually fixes it for me.  Or maybe kill
xscreensaver, since that is what caused the problem.

--
-Rune

Time is Irrelevant to the worlds beyond this godforsaken place unto which
it destroys all.
		-Aarune J. Oracle

"In the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same" -Slayer.