Daniel K. Spicer on Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:42:23 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] Star Office

Yeah, distribute it. It's a great product.
It's not "open source" , but it is mostly freely distributed.
And it runs on Linux and Windows.
I run Linux at work, at a place with about 200 PC's, 3 of them run Linux.
One of the biggest drawbacks to running Linux in this environment, is that
the standard for word processing,
spreadsheets, scheduling, and the like, is Microsoft stuff.
I'll go through extensive efforts to be able to use Linux instead of NT, as
I'm sure everyone reading this would.
But we are the minority. The path of least effort is the choice for most
people.
Having an office suite that runs on Windows and Linux, makes the
introduction of Linux workstations to a Windows environment a much simpler
undertaking.

 -Dan