Scatter Brained on Sat, 4 Dec 1999 14:46:05 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] Star Office, (database and Jet Engine) thread

tburba@glcorpis01.usvision.com wrote:

> Stupid question: Does Star Office have a database application as part of
> its suite? Is is "Access" compatible?

StarOffice has a database application that likes to use a format it
calls StarBase. It can also create a few other formats I can't think of
right now. A really nice point about the application is that you create
forms in HTML using the word processer or any text editor.

I haven't tried to use a StarBase database in Access so I don't know if
Access can read the StarBase format. (My Windows box is currently down
so I can't try it to find out.)