tburba on Mon, 6 Dec 1999 14:59:22 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] ttysnoop and /dev/vcs#

>>>Well, how/why would you have to get it to work w/ mgetty ?<<<
mgetty has the support that we need for our dialup modem based WAN.

>>>ttysnoop is GPLed, download the code & make it work w/ unix98 PTYs :)<<<
alas, I'm not a codeslinger -- just a lowly, overworked, system engineer.
Any Volunteers?
>>>Also, why do you need to snoop /dev/ttyS1 instead of using the a virtual
console ?<<<
each of our 700 sites around US and Canada has a console and multiple
serial dumb terminals running over dev/ttyS#. Can an actual port be
represented as a virtual console? If so, then our problem may be solved!
Tell me more!
>>>Hmm, I have a feeling you can use old style PTYs when you have the
unix98
stuff set up..<<<
have tried it. It was rather ugly.

Yours,