Chuck Peters on Wed, 8 Dec 1999 06:30:57 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] [Plug-Announce] Linux User Group meeting 1/5/2000 announcement

redirects, and how do I redirect multiple domains?  It's been a while
since I tried, but I think it would only redirect from the the name
defined by ServerName in httpd.conf.  I could redirect to multiple
domains, but not from multiple domains.

Maybe something on configuration preferences.  For example I configure
virtual domains using the IP number with something like the following:

<VirtualHost 192.190.237.138:80>
ServerAdmin contact@starryskies.com
DocumentRoot /home/k/kmiles/starryskies
ServerName starryskies.com
ErrorLog /var/log/apache/starryskies-error_log
TransferLog /var/log/apache/starryskies-access_log
</VirtualHost>

It is also possible to have multiple virtual hosts on one IP, the older
browsers don't always work right, but all the newer ones I know work OK.

How about cgi-wrap for user cgi's?

Frontpage extensions, I don't run them on my personal servers, but lots of
clients want that crap.

SSL isn't hard by itself.  What I want to know how to do is setup a SSL
proxy on the outside of our firewall so the senior snob who sniff packets
at work can't tell me not to spend so much time reading slashdot or
whatever.

Chuck