Mental on Wed, 8 Dec 1999 09:57:35 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] [Plug-Announce] Linux User Group meeting 1/5/2000 announcement

On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 08:47:18AM -0500, Michael W. Ryan wrote:
> > Mod_perl can get pretty drawn out. But its very cool, and I wouldn't mind
> > covering it.
>
> Actually, getting Apache to use Perl for CGI is as simple as including
> "#/usr/bin/env perl" in the first line of the script.  Mod_perl only comes
> in to integrate the Perl interpreter into the web server more tightly.  I
> would request/suggest, as a non-Perl user (who may or may not attend, mind
> you), that you not focus too much on it.  I'm really not fond of the
> assumption that alot people make that if you use Linux you like to use
> Perl.

Mod perl could very well be its own talk. I'll probably touch on it,
simply because if you're using apache and have a lot of dynamic content,
mod_perl is a godsend.

Mental
--

"you make insanity respectable."