Michael Leone on Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:16:38 -0500 (EST)

RE: [Plug] CD Burner

> > Exactly. It sorta sucked for me, tho (I have an HP IDE
> burner). While I
> > could get it work burning CDs (via the SCSI emulation), I
> could never get it
> > to play music CDs via the emulation. Finally I said screw
> it, and I just
> > burn CDs under NT4.
>
> Really? Weird. I'll have to try it. If I get it working, I'll
> let ya know.
> As long as /dev/cdrom is a symlink to the right device file,
> it should work...
> What were your command line options for cdrecord, and where
> did /dev/cdrom point?

I was using xroast (also myst) under X. Not via commandline.

I could RECORD audio fine (I would copy the files to that partition that
xroast forces you to make, and then transfer them to the CD). Just couldn't
play them.

/dev/cdrom (I believe) pointed to the right place, since I could read data
CDs, and write them properly.