Mental on Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:09:36 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] CD Burner

On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 08:37:40PM -0500, Michael Leone wrote:
> > I've never actually done this (all my stuff is scsi) but I hear you're
> > supposed to compile in scsi emulation into your kernel and use your
> > ide drive like generic scsi device to write cd's.
>
> Exactly. It sorta sucked for me, tho (I have an HP IDE burner). While I
> could get it work burning CDs (via the SCSI emulation), I could never get it
> to play music CDs via the emulation. Finally I said screw it, and I just
> burn CDs under NT4.

Really? Weird. I'll have to try it. If I get it working, I'll let ya know.
As long as /dev/cdrom is a symlink to the right device file, it should work...
What were your command line options for cdrecord, and where did /dev/cdrom
point?

Mental
--

"you make insanity respectable."