Nicolai Rosen on Tue, 14 Dec 1999 23:09:00 -0500 (EST)

[Plug] Large drives

I have an 8.4 GiB drive (or is it 8.4 GB. Nah, I think it's GiB) and I noticed today that it seems to have filled up as I moved some backup stuff there. When I look though, I find that the size of the partition I use is 2.7 gigs and fdisk seems to be unable to create another one as there are "No free sectors available". Now this I know to be a blatant lie as it's an 8.4 GiB drive w/ a 128 meg Linux swap partition and a 2.7G Linux Native partition. I'm running RH 5.2 which uses fdisk v2.8. Is this some sort of limitation on this version where it can only access up to a certain point in a drive or what? I have been unable to get any documentation to this effect, discover a package name I could upgrade, or even find who maintains fdisk. Any help in solving this problem would be much appreciated.