mattybeast on Fri, 24 Dec 1999 09:53:43 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] the PLUG Members page

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Darxus wrote:
> Do you think I should create a paper form to hand out at PLUG meetings
> with:

>  The PLUG mailing list is a moderate traffic list for discussing general
>  Linux topics.  This list also recieves everything sent to the PLUG
>  Announce list.
>  The PLUG Announce list is only for announcements, like upcoming meetings,
>  and has only a few posts per month.
getting member info is a good idea, but might not the rest
be unnessecary? I have yet to attend a meeting,
so I can't help but feel I'm in no position to say.

(off topic ramblings below)
BTW the PLUG page is much better now.
I was at first under the assumption (the online board) that
not much got discussed. And all the empty sections did little to
counter this impression.
I would also ask you perhaps consider a section with links to info
for newbies.
I must point 5 people a month to geek-girl.com's quick unix tutorial.

                                                Matthew Trager
                 (my soldering iron and my hockey stick are all I'll ever need)

The union of the mathematician with the poet, ferver with measure,
passion with correctiness, this surely is the ideal. -William James  1920