Scatter Brained on Fri, 24 Dec 1999 10:58:40 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] Fw: [svlug] A bit too much

So? This is probably a big support issue for MS. It probably wouldn't be
the first time a call came into MS Support with "I just fired so-and-so
for changing to Linux on my server. How do I get rid of it and put NT
back?"

The interesting things I found in this article are:

1. Windows fdisk can't see a Linux partition at all. It shouldn't be too
difficult to modify the Windows install programs and fdisk to see the
partitions and (for the install program) to ask if they are to be
removed.

2. They tell you to make sure you can get Linux back if you want to
install it again later. I'll be the first to admit that I don't like MS
but this little bit is something they didn't have to include in their
instructions.

3. Linux can support over 40 different file system types. It's just
something I had not considered before.