Bill Jonas on Mon, 27 Dec 1999 23:19:30 -0500 (EST)

[Plug] DVD people taking the hackers to court

The DVD people are taking some of the reverse-engineering people who cracked
the "copy protection" on DVDs to court to get a temporary restraining order.
Discussed on Slashdot @
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=99/12/27/194216&mode=thread.  One of the
letters sent to one of the people who maintain a site is @
http://douglas.min.net/~drw/css-auth/legal-info/.  The nice lawyers have
given us a bunch of links as to where to get the files.  :)  As people have
said on Slashdot, we need to grab the files while we can, and if you're
willing, post them or a mirror ASAP.  The filing happens in San Jose, CA
Wednesday morning, but one of the guys (@
http://douglas.min.net/~drw/css-auth/) has said that his site will be taken
down at midnight.  Mirror one of the sites if you can.  It looks as though
the DVD guys might be trying to enforce copyright law on a trade secret and
bully around the little guys.

Do what you can.  Personally, I have some web space.  :)

Bill