a on Wed, 29 Dec 1999 09:33:57 -0500 (EST)

[Plug] Problems installing Caldera

        Dear PLUG:

    I am trying to dissect the syntax of the
"INSTALL" command sequence of CALDERA 2.3.

    After partitioniong (which I did), the LINUX install
program prompts you to type:

 "install hdc=cdrom"

    Unfortunately, my CDROM is dying, (a long story - the second and
last system I will buy as a "put-together" from a local vendor) but I do

have the entire contents on a second hard drive  "D" in a directory
called "INST".

 QUESTION: How do I tell the install program to look
in this directory?

    My understanding is that  LINUX will call this directory:

  /dev/hdb1/inst/

    The  problem is that every variation I type fails to
communiicate to the installer that I want to install from
a hard drive.

Thanks for any assistance.
Arthur Newmark