Mental on Wed, 29 Dec 1999 09:52:48 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] Problems installing Caldera

On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 at 07:51:56AM -0500, a wrote:

>  QUESTION: How do I tell the install program to look
> in this directory?
>
>     My understanding is that  LINUX will call this directory:
>
>   /dev/hdb1/inst/
>

>     The  problem is that every variation I type fails to
> communiicate to the installer that I want to install from
> a hard drive.

Directorys are not part of the device file. Depending on the filesystem
on the second HD, this may or may not work. Copy the cdrom to the root
of the second hard drive. Then try the install. Or see if your distro
will support an install off the filesystem.

Mental
--

"you make insanity respectable."
--Helcat on the subject of Mental.