Nicolai Rosen on Wed, 29 Dec 1999 16:20:57 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] DVD software

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Nicolai Rosen wrote:

> Whoah! What's with the derogatory remarks here? First of all, Mental who
> you're insulting there has a job (you know those guys who provide us w/
> meeting space?). Second, categorically saying all young people are criminals

Where did Mental insult someone ?  And where did the reference to our
meeting place come from ?

What I said can't be taken out of context. I was referring to somebody else who characterized all young people (and Mental specifically) as selfish, lazy, and immoral and said that they had no concept of what it was like to work for things, which leads to them being criminal in nature and feeling that it's ok to steal from others. I disagree with this kind of prejudice and pointed out that Mental did have a job, making the point not just bigotry, but bigotry that didn't even apply to the one person it was invented for.