Nicolai Rosen on Wed, 29 Dec 1999 16:44:18 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] DVD software

> The interesting bit about the internet is the fact that its
> international. In some countrys laws are radicaly different. Companys
> are going to be forced to learn this.

Depends on both the law - and where you broke it. Here's a bit of a slimy
example - prostitution is legal in nevada. Do it there, and no problems. Do
it back here at home in Philly where you live, problem.

I believe the general rule of thumb is to look at the local laws. Remember
the US kid who got caned in Singapore for defacing property? A misdemonor
and fine here; phsyical punishment there (where the incident took place).

It's legal in Norway where it was done and in the US where it was legally imported. It's a trade secret, and not copywrited or patented info. Therefore, if you get to it legally, then you can use it. And that's what makes this whole thing so absurd.