Bill Jonas on Wed, 29 Dec 1999 18:22:47 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] DVD software

<snip>
> > Can we cut this off here?  I cannot see anything happening other than
just
> > having this devolve into an utterly ridiculous philosophical argument.
> > And this really doesn't belong here.
>
> Pleasant request for the end of a flame war (which I would not say that
> this has actually escalated to) are not often successful.  It's like
> you're claiming some kind of authority over the group in telling them that
> you don't want to hear it.  So unsubscribe.

I didn't see this as a flame war, personally.  I thought everyone's been
quite civil in this.  Personally, I saw this as a statement of someone's
opinion as to what's appropriate for this list.  Myself, I believe that this
*is* appropriate for the list, as the ramifications of what happens will
determine part of what we will or will not be able to do in Linux for years
to come.

Bill