Bill Jonas on Wed, 29 Dec 1999 18:19:04 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] DVD software

<snip>
> separate. As far as I'm concerned, if you purchase a DVD and make a copy
> for your own personal use and dont redistribute it, then you may have
> broken the letter of the law but you havent broken the spirit. Beyond

You actually haven't broken anything.  Making a copy for *your own personal
use* is perfectly fine (although the media companies would like you to
believe otherwise so you buy another copy).  It falls under fair use.
What's *not* fair use, of course, is to give that copy to a friend and sell
it.

Bill