Tianyu A Ching on Mon, 3 Jan 2000 17:46:25 -0500 (EST)

[Plug] Day 1. Getting Medieval With Tianyu

It went well.
The Freshmen were not rambunctions and everyone is scared of me, meaning I
won't take shit.
Sigh...The children were entertained, but the day was not without
mistakes.
I DID let one of my friends get too carried away but this was swiftly
remedied by hitting him on the head with a hammer. This hammer is "clue"
my teaching assistant.
In any case, the kids soaked up info like a sponge with a genuine interest
that I was amazed by!  Nobody's EVER paid that much attention to me.
I also accidentally managed to insult the only kindred spirit in the
class, by dissing Germans and Canadians (two countries from which she is
descended).  This poor girl apparently was decked out in black leatherr
much like myself, but didn' common sense to be evil back to me.
It's amazing who you have to be careful not to hurt...
Sigh...so I DO have a problem trating my kids like big toys, but that will
be remedied as we get into the more tactical portions of the class.
If I had one problem to ask the REAL teachers out there...what do you do
when you have too much information to disseminate?  I always feel like I'm
leaving something out due to time constraints.  It really kinda sucks.