Walt Mankowski on Tue, 4 Jan 2000 09:46:38 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] Which scripting language?

On Tue, Jan 04, 2000 at 09:16:29AM -0500, Michael W. Ryan wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Nicolai Rosen wrote:
>
> > Well if any language could be described as unclean, I guess that'd be perl.
>
> I think this comes from Perl's origins.

"The very fact that it's possible to write messy programs in Perl
is also what makes it possible to write programs that are cleaner
in Perl than they could ever be in a language that attempts to
enforce cleanliness."
	-- Larry Wall, Linux World 1999