Michael W. Ryan on Tue, 4 Jan 2000 09:16:46 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] Which scripting language?

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Nicolai Rosen wrote:

> Well if any language could be described as unclean, I guess that'd be perl.

I think this comes from Perl's origins.

> It has bits and pieces of most half decent languages out there. It's an
> excellent language though and I'd highly reccomend it. I seem to remember
> something obnoxious aobut functions being dependent on indentation or
> something that I didn't like about Python.

You're referring to blocks being determined by indentation.  The rationale
behind this is you're supposed to do it anyway (for readability), so it
might as well be put to use.  It is rather flexible, and it becomes
transparent rather quickly.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 2000
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)