Martin DiViaio on Tue, 4 Jan 2000 09:41:29 -0500 (EST)

Re: apt (was: Re: [Plug] redhat 6.1 insllation)

Darxus wrote:

> rpm can install remote packages ?  Do you have to find the package first
> (url), or does rpm find it for you ?  I support a few redhat boxes at
> work, and finding packages is a pain.  If I'm missing something, I'd love
> to know.

RPM 4 has the -F (--freshen) option which will only update a package if
it is all ready installed. Use that with it's ability to FTP and you
should get what you need. (Of course, you need a place to get the
packages from...)