Mental on Tue, 4 Jan 2000 15:34:52 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] Scsi setup problems

On Tue, Jan 04, 2000 at 03:19:33PM -0500, Chris Beggy wrote:
> > Hey, I'm having a hell of a time figuring out this scsi problem. I=20
> > upgraded warhammer to 2 (soon to be 3) seagate baracuda drives. If=20
> > I cat /proc/scsi/aic7xxx/0 the hard drives are negotiaoting a 20m/sec
> > transfer rate. How do you enable 40? I enabled it in the scsi bios.
> >
> > Also, in order to get the drives detected, I had to go into the scsi=20
> > settings and change the termination from automatic to Low ON/High ON.
> > Whats that all about? The drives are attached to an LVD cable, and=20
> > have unique ID's set. Weirdness. I'm not overly familiar with SCSI stuff
> > so I'm runing out of ideas.
> >

> M,
>
> I have the same controller.
>
> Have you enabled "enable wide negotiation = yes" in the scsi bios?
>
> Good luck with the troubleshooting.

Yes. The hardware is fine. These aren't new drives. They were given to
me by a freidn of mine who was like "Here, thre's some old ultrawide
drives, have a blast."

Well.... they're ultra, but not wide. After Nate pointed this out to me
on IRC I stopped trying to "fix" them.

On an unrelated note, if I feel much worse tomorrow I'm not going
anywhere. Light is starting to cause pain.

Mental
--

"you make insanity respectable."
--Helcat on the subject of Mental.