Bill Jonas on Wed, 5 Jan 2000 23:58:23 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] Corel Linux

Well, I successfully got the 300-odd meg .iso file from ftp.corel.com, and
I've even mounted it as a loopback filesystem.  However, there is no obvious
way to start the install directly from the filesystem, so I made a boot
floppy.  The floppy, however, displays a "Corel Linux OS" graphical splash
screen and then proceeds to look for the CD in the CD-ROM drive forever (or
at least a couple of minutes, as that's when I rebooted).  There are no
virtual consoles, either, so I can't flip over to a command prompt and try
to do some mucking to get it to work.  Any suggestions?  I'm free Saturday,
if anyone wants to help me make a CDR.  :)

If you want, I can provide directory listings, etc.  Would an ls -lR help?
BTW, it seems that all of the stuff in /boot on the floppy are binary file,
so I can't edit any options in configurations files.

Bill

--
"Look, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it 'guaranteed', I
will.  I got spare time."