Bob Stanfield on Fri, 7 Jan 2000 08:34:44 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] IP: China to ban government use of Windows 2000 (fwd)

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, M. Simons wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Jaiwant Mulik wrote:
> > Hmmm ... interesting experiment, if its true.
> > >Posted at 11:25 p.m. PST Wednesday, January 5, 2000
> > >                          China to ban government use of Windows 2000
>
> This is an Urban Legend, and so horrendously obviously false, it isn't
> funny.  Yes, it is based on half-truths, but that is about it.

	But they are supporting Linux seriously at least according to the
Bejing Engish language newspaper in April when we were there.

Bob Stanfield
29 Ledge Lane
Pipersville, PA 18947
Voice 610-294-9884