Bill Jonas on Fri, 7 Jan 2000 10:02:43 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] IP: China to ban government use of Windows 2000 (fwd)

> On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, M. Simons wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Jaiwant Mulik wrote:
> > > Hmmm ... interesting experiment, if its true.
> >
> > This is an Urban Legend, and so horrendously obviously false, it isn't
> > funny.  Yes, it is based on half-truths, but that is about it.
> >
> But they are supporting Linux seriously at least according to the
> Bejing Engish language newspaper in April when we were there.

At
http://www.mercurycenter.com/svtech/news/breaking/reuters/docs/61841l.htm,
it says both MS and the Chinese gov't deny the report.  However, the Chinese
gov't *is* encouraging people to purchase domestic software, and Red Flag
Linux is apparently a real product.

Bill

--
"Because they know that all they sold you was a guaranteed POS!  Look, if
you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it 'guaranteed', I will.  I got