Kyle Burton on Fri, 7 Jan 2000 10:50:41 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] Re: System Crash

Have you tried removing, individualy, peices of eqiupment and rebooting?

i.e. start with just the MB + Video Card -- no ram, no disks, no scsi
and see if you get a POST test?  or at least the standard POST beeping?

then add the stuff back in 1 item at a time...

I'd do them in this order:
- bare MB first (with and without KB -- but no mouse)
- video card
- ram
- scsi controllers
- disks (1 at a time)
- other periphials, 1 at a time, like: sound, network, etc...
- external periphials (like mice, external modems, printers, scanners, etc)

If that doesn't work, try an alternate video card that you know works
from another box -- still not working? try your hardware on a different
MB, one at a time...just to see if it's sane.

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -- Voltaire