Darxus on Sat, 8 Jan 2000 16:09:02 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] what do you carry your business cards in ?

With my new job, I got business cards for the 1st time in my life.  Very
neat.  I think everybody should have them.  If your company doesn't give
you cards, get personal ones made by staples or something.  The simple
ones are really cheap.  *Much* better than digging for a pen & a scrap of
paper to write your info on.  And they impress chicks.

At this point I'm carrying mine in an envelope in my inside coat pocket.
It's situated so that I can reach in my pocket & pull out a card, w/out
visibly fumbling with the envelope, but this is far from optimul.

I knew there had to be nice metal card cases for just this purpose.  Then
I saw Cris Fearnley with one.  Part of this post was going to be me asking
where the metal kind could be purchased, but I just found out that "Things
Remembered" in a nearby mall carries them ($15).  But the one I want won't
be in stock till next week.

So in the meantime, how do all of you carry your business cards ?  My mom
was arguing that a metal case would not be very comfortable to carry in my
pocket, and that a leather one would, and would still protect the cards.

I hadn't thought about the comfort thing, because during the winter, I'll
keep it in my coat.  I don't know if, during the summer, I'll want to keep
them in my pants pocket, or leave them in my bag/briefcase thing.

                      "There is no spoon."