mattybeast on Mon, 17 Jan 2000 08:28:57 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Quake

Bill Jonas wrote:

> Sorry if it seems like I'm flooding the list.
>
> I'd purchased Quake (1) for DOS/Win.  Is there any way that I can play in
> Linux without having to re-purchase?  (i.e., get shareware Linux version,
> copy the .pak files over?)
>
> Bill

I had a pretty simple time of it
I remember finding a good howto at   www.linuxquake.com
If I recall correctly I pretty much just D/L'd a linux binary, mounted my
dos partition and symlinked  /usr/local/games/quake/Id1/
to the Quake /Id1/ dir on the dos partition (well after making all the apropos
dirs etc...)
had to futz with permissions a little but the aforementioned howto seemed more
up to date than the one that came with my distro. (but of course peruse both)

Matt

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.
                                                -Thomas Jefferson