Bill Jonas on Mon, 17 Jan 2000 08:49:05 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Quake

> I had a pretty simple time of it
> I remember finding a good howto at   www.linuxquake.com
> If I recall correctly I pretty much just D/L'd a linux binary, mounted my
> dos partition and symlinked  /usr/local/games/quake/Id1/
> to the Quake /Id1/ dir on the dos partition (well after making all the
apropos
> dirs etc...)
> had to futz with permissions a little but the aforementioned howto seemed
more
> up to date than the one that came with my distro. (but of course peruse
both)

> Matt
>
> Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.
>                                                 -Thomas Jefferson

Okay, I tried it (the SVGALib binary; I've d/l'd the other two but haven't
tried yet), but Quake segfaulted and left my console in an unusable state.
(Couldn't even CTRL-ALT-DEL.)  Looking at the Quake-HOWTO, I tried
"./squake -noudp", but that didn't help.

Any suggestions?

Bill

--
"Because they know that all they sold you was a guaranteed POS!  Look, if
you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it 'guaranteed', I will.  I got