Darxus on Mon, 17 Jan 2000 10:13:14 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Quake

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Bill Jonas wrote:

> Okay, I tried it (the SVGALib binary; I've d/l'd the other two but haven't
> tried yet), but Quake segfaulted and left my console in an unusable state.
> (Couldn't even CTRL-ALT-DEL.)  Looking at the Quake-HOWTO, I tried
> "./squake -noudp", but that didn't help.
>
> Any suggestions?

Enable the magic SysRq key.  I ranted about it on this list, it't in the
archive:
http://lists.nothinbut.net/mailman/pubarchive/plug/1999-October/002859.html

It tells you how to reset your console if something (like quake or X) had
changed the keyboard mode & then hung.

This isn't going to make quake work, it'll just keep you from hitting the
power button.

             Find the next largest prime, be famous:
                http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm
                      "There is no spoon."