Tim Peeler on Mon, 17 Jan 2000 02:00:35 -0500 (EST)

RE: [PLUG] cd ripping single floppy linux distribution ?

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Michael Leone wrote:
>
> > > A friend just asked me about windows cd ripping programs.  Of
> > > course, I
> > > know of none.  I am also very confident that Linux's cd ripping
> > > capabilities are far superior to anything that windows can do.

Actually, this sounds really bad, but real jukebox does digital extraction
10 times faster than cdparanoia.  It isn't as good at detecting and fixing
errors though.  It also only allows 96kbs recording unless you buy it
(and limits you to only 30 cd's @ 96k).  It's recording speed is also faster
than bladeenc (almost realtime on a 233mmx).  If that's what your friend is
looking for and would be willing to pay for the 128kbs+ recording speed
he/she should go for it.

Tim

Ps.  Ohh, in order to get the fast ripping speed he/she will need to have a
udma cdrom drive.