Darxus on Sun, 16 Jan 2000 12:44:58 -0500 (EST)

RE: [PLUG] cd ripping single floppy linux distribution ?

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Michael Leone wrote:

> > A friend just asked me about windows cd ripping programs.  Of
> > course, I
> > know of none.  I am also very confident that Linux's cd ripping
> > capabilities are far superior to anything that windows can do.
>
> Don't know about THAT. It was very much harder to set up CD ripping under
> Linux (using an IDE HP CD-Writer - having to recompile the kernel to use
> SCSI emulation instead; having to dedicate an entire partition for
> transferring files to the CD, etc) than it was under Windows. So much so,
> that I exclusively use Windows (both 98 and NT) to make my CDs (using the
> Adaptec software).

You're talking about recording (cdrecord), I'm talking about extracting
(cdparanoia+lame).

And I'm aware I'll probably have to deal w/ scsi emulation modules.
             Find the next largest prime, be famous:
                http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm
                      "There is no spoon."