Michael Leone on Sun, 16 Jan 2000 12:42:20 -0500 (EST)

RE: [PLUG] cd ripping single floppy linux distribution ?

> A friend just asked me about windows cd ripping programs.  Of
> course, I
> know of none.  I am also very confident that Linux's cd ripping
> capabilities are far superior to anything that windows can do.

Don't know about THAT. It was very much harder to set up CD ripping under
Linux (using an IDE HP CD-Writer - having to recompile the kernel to use
SCSI emulation instead; having to dedicate an entire partition for
transferring files to the CD, etc) than it was under Windows. So much so,
that I exclusively use Windows (both 98 and NT) to make my CDs (using the
Adaptec software).