Kyle Burton on Mon, 17 Jan 2000 09:02:18 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] "Win"Zip for X?

I think that both Gnome and KDE have gzip/tar facilities built right into
their file system browsers -- so you can browse into a gzipped file as if
it was a directory, allowing you to view/edit/copy/delete things from within
the archive.

If you don't run either of those utilities, then check freshmeat -- I've seen
a bunch of stuff from Tk based applications to standard X stuff.

"Eeny, Meeny, Jelly Beanie, the spirits are about to speak!"
    -- Bullwinkle Moose