mattybeast on Tue, 18 Jan 2000 02:05:36 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Quake

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Bill Jonas wrote:
>

> > Okay, I tried it (the SVGALib binary; I've d/l'd the other two but haven't
> > tried yet), but Quake segfaulted and left my console in an unusable state.
> > (Couldn't even CTRL-ALT-DEL.)  Looking at the Quake-HOWTO, I tried
> > "./squake -noudp", but that didn't help.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Bill
> >

> Yikes.........
> Well I'd not run the SVGALib in quite some time  so I decided

Duh I'd forgotten to start squake with a script for libc5
this should work, it did for me.

#!/bin/sh
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib
./squake -noudp $*

but then again permissions.........and multiplayer wont work
/etc/hosts
                                            Matt

I believe it is harder to be fair to oneself than to others.
                                             Andre Gide (1940)