Charles Stack on Mon, 31 Jan 2000 12:31:46 -0500 (EST)

RE: [PLUG] request for help in testing something...

Sorry..I was reading the "VPN Masquarade How-To".  It goes into a lengthly
discussion about patching the kernel and such.  But, it is unclear as to
what needs to be done for 2.2 kernel as it keeps switching back and forth
between 2.0 and 2.2.

In it they say the port forwarding and such work under 2.2 and the GRE and
ISAKPM packets (needed by VPNS running IPSEC) can be passed by the stock
kernel.  Then, if you read further, they seem to reverse that position.  So,
I haven't a clue what needs to be done to get a 2.2. Linux box configured
with IP Masq to pass encrypted packets created on a client workstatin by the
likes of CheckPoint's SecureRemote software (which uses IPSEC).

Does anybody understand what I'm talking about?  I'm simply trying to get a
Windows client running CheckPoint's SecureRemote software to pass its
packets through my Linux router/gateway so I can communicate with another
VPN.

cjs