Michael C. Toren on Wed, 9 Feb 2000 12:06:19 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Letting non-root mount floppy/cdrom

> In your fstab, append 'user' to the list of options -- you shoul probably
> do a 'nosuid' if you're going to do a 'user' on the list of options:

[ ... ]

> This is all in the fstab and mount manpages.

I was addressing the broader issue of a shell script with suid permissions
failing to run.  Specific to the above, though, I personally am not very
fond of putting the "user" option in my fstab, only because it does not
allow you to specify which users will have access.  It just opens the door
for everyone.

It depends what you're trying to accomplish.

-mct