Bill Jonas on Fri, 11 Feb 2000 02:04:34 -0500 (EST)

List policy discussion (was Re: [PLUG] ESR at Penn)

Also, as a general FYI, if you have announcements such as that in the
future, feel free to send them directly to
plug-announce@lists.nothinbut.net, if Darxus and the rest of you in
agreement with me on this, even if it's not PLUG-specific (but of
general enough interest to the Philadelphia Linux community).  He or I
will either approve or deny the post (giving reason why it was denied,
if applicable).  This way, people subscribing to either list will need
to see it exactly once.  If for some reason you haven't seen or heard
anything after a day or two, feel free to go ahead and post it to plug@.
(Only possible explanation for that would be that each of us had a brain
fart.)  As I'm sure you know, plug@ is a subscriber of plug-announce@,
so once it's approved for the latter, it'll auto-magically appear on the
former.  I hadn't given this much thought before.

Does this sound reasonable, or should we remove plug@ from
plug-announce@ and cc everything to both lists?  (I personally kinda
hate to do that, as it was promised that plug@ would see everything on
we might forget sometime to include plug@ as a recipient.  Besides, it
kinda highlights the announcements for a plug@ subscriber seeing "[PLUG]
[Plug-Announce]"  both in the subject line...)

Any thoughts?

Bill
--
"Notice how altering $one in fact altered each element of @a.
This is a feature, not a bug."  -Schwartz & Christiansen,