Bill Jonas on Fri, 11 Feb 2000 01:41:48 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] ESR at Penn

On 10 Feb 2000, Kevin Falcone wrote:

>The message was grabbed up and re-posted to plug-announce by someone,
>and that made it appear a second time.

Cast blame over here.  Though it wasn't strictly Plug-related, I posted
it to the Plug-Announce list for the same reasons (I presume) that you
posted it here.

>As for the topic, ESR only really gives one talk, based heavily on his
>three papers.  He gave a talk based on "The Cathedral and the Bazaar"
>and "Homesteading the Noosphere" to the Engineering school.  He then
>spoke based on his "Magic Cauldron" paper (economics and business
>models of open source companies) and some advocacy to students in the
>Wharton school.

I went there for the first talk, and I thought it was quite good.  (I've
never heard him speak before.)  I would've gone on to the second talk,
but I needed to get a little more rest before work this evening.  How
was the second one?

Bill
--
"Notice how altering $one in fact altered each element of @a.
This is a feature, not a bug."  -Schwartz & Christiansen,