Adam Turoff on Thu, 17 Feb 2000 14:47:12 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Microsoft's statement about Solaris-based Hotmail (old)

Michael W. Ryan wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Adam Turoff wrote:
> > Probably the standard "Microsoft doesn't trust their own OS" being
> > dusted off on the same day they're releasing Win2k.
>
> Ah, so this organization is once again changing from PLUG (Philadelphia
> Linux Users Group) to PMSG (Philadelphia Microsoft Slamming Group)?

Funny, but the longer these threads go on, the longer that perception
remains.  The URL was posted without comment, and the thread should die
similarly.

> I thought Linux had grown up enough to actually compete instead of just
> trash talk.

Well, the article is on MSFT's site (which I haven't read since about
1998) and doesn't do anything like that.  Hotmail was a service they
bought, and after months of effort they were still running Solaris
[and FreeBSD], not NT.  Read one way, it says that the Hotmail guys
are more capable using Solaris to provide large scale free email
services.  Misread another way, it says "MS sux!".

Nothing to see here.  Move on.

Z.