Darxus on Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:10:52 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Microsoft's statement about Solaris-based Hotmail (old)

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Michael W. Ryan wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Adam Turoff wrote:
>
> > Michael W. Ryan wrote:

> Ah, so this organization is once again changing from PLUG (Philadelphia
> Linux Users Group) to PMSG (Philadelphia Microsoft Slamming Group)?

Microsoft has come out with some impressive FUD recently.  They are
Linux's primary competition.  It is good to keep an eye on what they are
saying.

I read this article as Microsoft has been trying to convert Hotmail from
UNIX to NT, and failing, because, as we all know, while Microsoft's stuff
may be good for some things, it is not going to handle massive scale email
nearly as well as UNIX.

But instead of just saying that, they do their best in propaganda to blind
you with other, totally unrelated facts.  I like how in 7 of the 8
bullets, the 1st sentance is bolded.  The one that does not fit the
pattern is "Solaris is one of several operating systems in use."

Propaganda is nothing new.  It's scary.  Some people respond to this kind
of frightening stuff by lashing out verbally (textually?).  It's human.
And I don't think it's as bad as Microsoft hiding facts with other facts.

                           Chaos reigns.